10 May 2013

Chocolate Ganache Tarts

Time for more pastry!

Yesterday I made a quantity of salted pastry and let it rest in the fridge overnight. Today, I rolled out the pastry and lined 8 tart rings, then let them rest in the fridge for 30 minutes whilst the oven heated to 190C.

After 20 minutes in the oven, I pulled off the beads and brushed the inside of the pastry cases with egg wash, then baked them for an additional 8 minutes.

I made a simple chocolate ganache filling by melting equal portions by weight of Belgian chocolate in simmering cream. These look good enough to eat.

I have some cream left over. I think I will serve these topped with whipped cream. Oh, that reminds me... I spotted clotted cream at the store the other day - need to pick up a pottle, I think.

I have already been thinking of what pastry to bake next. I suppose you will just have to wait for it.

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home