01 October 2012

Eggs with Mushroom Duxelles and Toasted Sourdough

The other day I picked up some enormous white button mushrooms, about 5 cm in diameter. They called to me from the refrigerator...

I sautéed diced mushrooms in olive oil and butter until browned. I added sliced shallots and let them get happy with the mushrooms, then added diced garlic. I deglazed the pan with a shot of Lighthouse Gin and finished with crème fraîche, a knob of butter, salt, and pepper. I plated the duxelles.

I added a knob of butter in the same pan (do not rinse the pan!) and gently fried two eggs, sunny side up. I finished the eggs with salt and pepper and placed the eggs on top of the duxelles.

I cut a thick slice of home made sourdough bread and toasted it in the butter and drippings left in the pan.

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your breakfast looks as delicious as mine was this first day of October.

Be well,

Gnome

10/02/2012 10:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you, Gnome. Mushrooms and eggs are a great combination. If I had any fresh tomato I would have added grilled tomatoes...

10/02/2012 10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home