24 October 2012

Aubergine, Tomato, and Mozzarella Tart

I found some beautiful aubergine at the grocery store the other day (grown in Fiji!). I made a salted pastry dough and blind baked it in a 22cm tart pan. I sliced the aubergine into rounds and roasted them with good olive oil (Leccino, from Two Short Dogs), minced red pepper, garlic, and parsley. I thinly sliced a tomato and warmed the slices in a pan into which I heated good olive oil with fresh thyme. I layered aubergine in the tart and placed sliced tomatoes on top, along with the remaining olive oil. I then added fresh mozzarella and fresh thyme sprigs and fresh grated Grana Padano. This was baked for about 15 minutes in the oven at about 200C, until the cheese melted. Delicious!

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice work, Steven.

Keep it up!

Be well,

Gnome

10/24/2012 11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home