02 October 2012

36 Hour Sourdough Pizza

I pulled out the sourdough retarding in the refrigerator and divided it into three 260g portions. I folded and shaped the dough balls and let them rest while the oven warmed and I prepped the toppings.

When the oven came to temperature I switched the oven from bake to broil and made the first pie.

One portion was a bit smaller than the others, so I made a bambino pizza with Kalamata olives, red onion, fresh thyme, and freshly grated Grana Padano.

The next pie was topped with a bit of fior di latte, roasted melanzana, and freshly grated Grana Panano.

The last pie was topped with fior di latte, Kalamata olives, red onion, fresh thyme, freshly grated Grana Padano, and basil.

These pies cooked in about 6-7 minutes. I had some of the best oven spring I've ever had out of this dough. Next time I'll mix the dough and probably give it four turns over two hours at room temperature, then bung it in the refrigerator for two to three days before using.

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic, Stephen.
Keep up the good work.

Be well,

Gnome

10/02/2012 10:45 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you, Gnome. One day perhaps I'll have a bakery and a woodfired pizza oven...

10/02/2012 11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home