30 August 2012

Keep Warm Around The Oven

It got cold again. Night time temperatures dropped by about 5C.

I've had to run the heaters at night; although, I can usually turn them off during the day, as the temperature rises above 16C.

At least the Sun is up earlier now.

And, sets later in the evening.

Morgan enjoys his walk around the volcano. We greet other dogs and look for birds as we amble through the park.

Winter still has a grip on us, for a while yet, it seems.

Spring will arrive on it's own schedule.

For now, I keep warm around the oven.

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Anonymous Francesca said...

Ciao Steve!
Good looking bread. I just started baking bread from the same books (Tartine and Jim Lahey), though I am not keeping a starter and I am relying only on long bulk fermentation.
I'll have to read your previous posts carefully.

Ciao and happy baking,

Francesca

9/07/2012 4:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you, Francesca. I miss your incredible bread posts.

I started baking with long bulk fermentation. I wanted to try to get a wild starter going and give that a try. So far, I have been very happy with the results. My next immediate goal is to make sourdough pizza dough.

9/07/2012 5:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home