07 September 2006

Design Changes

You may notice Te Toroa: The Wandering Albatross has a little different look to it (at least, I hope you noticed :-). Our blog has been a great introduction for me to programming and web design. I have been on a steep learning curve and now feel the time is right to introduce a few design changes.

I am constantly striving to learn all I can about this new medium in the hopes that we may better be able to communicate to you. My greatest thanks goes to my loving wife Gabriella who has diligently provided support for me in my quest to develop this blog and hone my skills. She continues to teach and inspire me in spite of my ignorance and stubborn nature - Thanks, I love you. (My wife says I am turning into a geek.) I would also like to thank Jo Bind for his innovative and inspiring blog Kiwi Tracks. And, thanks to all those talented, artistic, creative folks who have selflessly provided insight into how things work!

I have already implemented some changes. You may notice when you click on an image it will now load a larger version of the image as an overlay onto the page. Also, once a larger image is loaded you may step through all the photos in that post or view each image by itself as you read through the post. I have added some handy instructions for handling the images in the sidebar in case your memory is as faulty as mine, although I am sure you will figure out how it works.

I am currently working on a few other design changes which you may notice as you check back with our blog. Many changes are subtle, but I do hope to add a couple of exciting features in the near future - no, I won't tell you what those features are - you'll just have to watch and see.

Steven
Bookmark and Share

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9/07/2006 3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We like what you have done with your site! Keep up the good work!

9/08/2006 2:53 PM  
Blogger SeekerRich said...

I always like to see how people add a personal touch to anything. Technically, you might be a geek, but in life you're an artist. More power to ya!

9/11/2006 12:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

caverrich: Wow! Thank you. Upon thinking about it, I believe that's the first time I have been accused of being an artist. Gaby has given me free reign in regards to layout - aside from her initial choice of style (she continues to lovingly encourage my development). Much of my inspiration comes from what I have seen other folks implement on various web pages. When I view other's webpages I tend to keep elements of style in the back of my mind and take note of which elements might best help us to relate to our readers. There are still many elements I wish to experiement with. I thank you for the encouragement.

9/11/2006 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loved reading about your exposure in culture.

9/13/2006 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home